Sep 28, 2015
Buoyed by a century of success, the Hotel Victoria is Toronto’s most venerable Toronto boutique hotel.
Designed by renowned Canadian architect J.P. Hynes in 1909, the Hotel Victoria was constructed as Toronto’s first fireproof building after the Great Fire of 1904.
The hotel first opened as the “Hotel Mossop” in 1909. Our Toronto boutique hotel was renamed the “Hotel Victoria” in the 1920s, paying tribute to the Queen.
Ever preserving her illustrious past, the Grande Dame of Yonge street is decidedly modern, and has retained her character through a 1980s transformation of the Hotel Victoria’s lobby into an airy atrium of architectural steel and glass panels, and her most recent transformation in 2011: a complete designer rejuvenation to celebrate her centennial year.